Top 10 Reasons to Choose UC Davis School of Law
- World-class reputation owing to a world-class faculty and a world-class student body. Great law schools are places where you learn from both your professors and your student body colleagues; UC Davis is just such a place.
- Access to numerous employers of every kind and every size in all locations; private law firms, federal, state and local government agencies, public interest organizations, and non-legal businesses alike greatly respect and value the UC Davis J.D.
- Graduates love the school, and love helping its students. Strong alumni networks in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento, as well as metropolitan areas throughout the nation and world.
- Proximity to leading institutions of law, government and business. UC Davis's location an hour from the Bay Area and 20 minutes from Sacramento makes it ideal to connect to centers of activity in law, policy and commerce.
- An intellectually curious yet distinctively supportive community. Faculty, fellow students and staff, no matter how busy and engaged in professional achievement they are, are accessible, empathetic and committed to your education.
- Ability to participate in cutting-edge research and real-world lawyering. The regular and clinical faculty fully integrate students into their ambitious research and practice activities.
- A friendly, vibrant, and diverse student body environment with more than 40 student-run groups. Award-winning student-run trial programs and appellate advocacy programs, and superb clinics and externship opportunities.
- Part of the beautiful and excellent UC Davis campus, ideal for study and stimulation.
- An institutional commitment to social justice befitting the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., in whose name the law school building is dedicated.
- Our amazing new facility : striking, state-of-the-art, and newly opened. Reflecting the sense of true community and seriousness of purpose, the building is open to you 24 hours a day.