About the School
Driving to Davis
The City has a direct exit off Interstate Highway 80 and is a short distance south of Highway 5, via Highway 113. Davis is only 11 miles from downtown Sacramento and is a short distance from most Northern California cities.
By way of example, did you know that the distance from:
- San Francisco to UC Davis is 73 miles, with a travel time by car of 1 hour and 16 minutes;
- Palo Alto to UC Davis is 102.7 miles, with a travel time by car of 1 hour and 41 minutes;
- San Jose to UC Davis is 102.7 miles, with a travel time by car of 1 hour and 36 minutes;
- Oakland to UC Davis is 67.8 miles, with a travel time by car of 1 hour and 9 minutes;
- Napa to UC Davis is 45.5 miles, with a travel time by car of 56 minutes;
Flights to Davis
If you are traveling by airplane, you have the option to fly into one of the following major metropolitan airports:
- Sacramento International Airport - Located in Sacramento, approximately 20 minutes by car from Davis. This is the closest of the three major international airports to Davis.
- Oakland International Airport - Located in Oakland, approximately one hour by car from Davis.
- San Francisco International Airport - Located just south of San Francisco, approximately 1 1/2 hours by car from Davis.
Frequent Direct Flights
Southern California and many West Coast cities are available daily to Sacramento International Airport, with an approximate air travel time of 1 to 1 1/2 hours in length. These cities include Los Angeles, Burbank, Orange County, Ontario, and San Diego. http://www.sacairports.org/int/airlines/index.html
The Davis Airporter provides airport transportation from the Sacramento International Airport and the San Francisco International Airport to Davis.
Phone: (530) 756-6715 or (800) 565-5153
Super Shuttle provides airport transportation from the Sacramento International Airport and the San Francisco International Airport to Davis.
Phone: (415) 659-2547
Fax: (650) 246-8941
Buying/Renting a Bicycle
Since Davis is such a bike-friendly community, many students purchase or rent a bicycle for use around town. You can rent a bicycle from the Bicycle Barn on the UC Davis campus. You can also purchase a new bike at one of the many bicycle stores in Davis or purchase a used bicycle from a recycled bike store or through an ad in the local newspaper.
Phone: (530) 752-2575.
Buying/Renting a Car
Some students and visitors prefer to purchase or rent a car. Many have been happy with Avis Rental service but there are many others to choose from. You can also find a used car in the local newspaper.
Davis Bus Systems
Unitrans is a student-run bus system that provides transportation throughout the city of Davis. Bus fare is free for registered students and $0.75 for non-students.
Phone: (530) 752-BUSS
This bus system provides transportation throughout Yolo County, which includes service to the Sacramento Airport, downtown Sacramento, Woodland and Davis.
Phone (530) 666-2877
Lodging and Restaurants
Davis has many lodging and restaurant options! Please visit the links below to learn more about what Davis has to offer.
Davis City Hall
Davis Street Map
Davis Enterprise Newspaper
Davis Farmers' Market
The Robert and Margrit Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts, UC Davis