KHOP & PLBC Participants & Alumni
The Outreach Office provides timeline and strategy advising, personal statement and resume review for UCDSOL Outreach participants and alumni. For advising, please contact the Outreach Office for an appointment and instructions. You may also take advantage of drop-in advising days and workshops during the year. Specific advising and workshop dates will be emailed to eligible participants and alumni and posted within our Face groups. The KHOP and PLBC Face groups are only open to outreach program alumni and are great for staying in touch with what is happening at the Outreach Office, scholarship and internship opportunities, and alumni networking. Participants and alumni can continue to show their support by liking the UCDSOL Outreach Office Face page .
UC Davis undergraduate students and alumni receive pre-law advising through the Pre-Professional Advising Office located in 111 South Hall. For an appointment with a UC Davis pre-law advisor, please call 530-752-4475. For more information and pre-law videos, visit http://advisingservices.ucdavis.edu/advising/law/ .
Prospective & Current King Hall Applicants
If applying or are considering applying to King Hall, please contact our Admissions Office at 530-752-6477 with any questions you have about our JD program and the application process. Attending our Open House for Prospective Applicants in the Fall semester is a great way to visit King Hall and learn about the application process, financial aid, our programs, and services. You may also arrange to visit a class and take a tour . Visit our JD Admission page to view our catalog and determine when a King Hall representative will be in your area. If you are a current JD applicant, you can monitor the progress of your application via the Status Check Website .
If you are unsure if a career in law is right for you, would like to research law schools, and want to learn about the law school application process below are numerous websites with free resources.
- Law School Admission Council (LSAC) You will use this website to register for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) and ultimately apply to law schools. LSAC is the official source for LSAT preparation materials.
- DiscoverLaw.org Videos and information about careers in law and how to prepare for law school. Sponsors pre-law programs nation-wide.
- American Bar Association Pre-Law Descriptions of core skills and values recommended to develop prior to law school.
- ABA-LSAC Official Guide to ABA-Approved Law Schools Law school applicant/enrollment statistics, GPA/LSAT percentiles, and cost of attendance. Compare your GPA/LSAT to the medians of the law schools to which you plan to apply.
- ABA/LSAC Pipeline Diversity Directory Search for pre-law programs in your area based on your needs and interests.
- ABA Employment Summary Report View geographic location, firm size and type of employment of recent alumni from specific law schools.
- NALP's Pre-Law Portal General descriptions of what to expect as a lawyer in various fields and environments and legal employment market information.
- UC Davis Internship and Career Center Career areas of study ideas for those considering law.
- UCDSOL Outreach Office Face page will help alert you to outreach program and pre-law deadlines and upcoming events at King Hall.
Financial Aid & Scholarship Resources
Once you decide that law school is in your future, begin to consider how you will pay for your education. Financial aid and scholarships are available for law school! The two common financial aid applications that law schools use to determine your aid packages are the FAFSA and Need Access. Remember to check specific requirements and deadlines for each school to which you apply.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) It is likely you are familiar with this process as many students complete this each year of college. It is free to submit this application.
- Need Access Application Submission of this application is some times required in addition to your FAFSA. Check the Participating School List to view schools that require it.
- Public Scholarship Listing Check out the extensive list of scholarships for pre-law and current law students compiled by th UCDSOL Financial Aid Office.
- Federal Student Aid Learn more about the types of aid that are available to students.