Rm. 2310B King Hall
- B.A., high honors History, University of California, Davis, 1972
- J.D., University of California, Davis School of Law, 1975
Legal Research and Writing Fellow
Lawrence Green received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, Davis and his J.D. from University of California Davis School of Law. He served as Counsel for over twenty years to the California Land Title Association and most recently was in private practice. During his career he represented the title insurance industry in California on legislative and administrative matters and was responsible for an active amicus curiae program in California and federal courts. He has also participated in seminars on new laws regarding real property and co-authored an annual summary of legislation. Professor Green has been retained as a consultant and expert by law firms handling banking, real property and insurance matters.
Special InterestsLegal Research, Legal Writing, Real Estate And Real Estate Finance, Nonprofit Organizations
Selected Career Highlights
- Drafting legislation on a variety of issues, including limitations on remote loan funding practices designed to maximize "float"; implementing a Constitutional amendment authorizing public deposits in savings and loans; and creating a process for protection of consumer funds in the event of a title company insolvency.
- Serving on California legislative task forces, including the Senate Local Government Committee Advisory Committee on Redevelopment of Antiquated Subdivisions and the Assembly Revenue and Taxation Committee Task Force on Senior Citizen Property Tax Deferral.
- California Title Insurance Regulatory Survey (Lawrence E. Green ed.), American Land Title Association Title Insurance Regulatory Survey (2009 ed.)
- Legislature Grapples with Unlawful Restrictive Covenants, CALIFORNIA REAL PROPERTY JOURNAL, Vol. 27, No. 4, 2009, at 24 (with Philip Person)
- Reader Alert: A New Form of Title in California – Community Property with Right of Survivorship, CALIFORNIA REAL PROPERTY JOURNAL, Vol. 9, No. 1, Winter 2001, at 20
- Abode Assurance; Real Property Law: A newly revised title insurance policy addresses matters outside the public record that have not previously been the subject of indemnification under similar policies, L. A. DAILY J., (CALIFORNIA LAW BUSINESS Supplement), March 29, 1999, at S20
- Land Guard; Ensuring That Title Insurance Protects Trustees, L. A. DAILY J., June 16, 1998, at 7 (with Elliot Smith)
- Title Defense: Has the California Supreme Court decision in Buss delivered a knockout blow to current title insurance practice?, L. A. LAWYER, May 1998, at 32 (with Robin Meadow)