- B.A., Pontifical College of Josephinum 1948
- B.C.L., College of William and Mary 1956
- LL.M., Yale University 1957
Professor of Law Emeritus
Florian "Bart" Bartosic, Dean of UC Davis School of Law from 1980-1990, has died. A prominent labor lawyer and esteemed scholar and teacher, Bartosic played an integral role in King Hall's growth and rise to national prominence during the 1980s. He was 85 years old. A beloved teacher and colleague, his loss will be mourned throughout the King Hall community. Read his obituary here.
- Labor Relations Law in the Private Sector, (American Law Institute-American Bar Association Committee on Continuing Professional Education, 1977) (2d ed., 1986) (with Hartley).
- What To Do When Employers Discriminate Against Unions (Part 1), 33 Prac. Law. 33, (Part 2), 33 Prac. Law. 75 (1987) (with Hartley) [adapted from book, Labor Relations Law in the Private Sector, 2d ed.].
- The Labor Law Legacy of the Burger Court's Last Term: A Failure of Imagination and Vision (with Minda), 28 Ariz. L. Rev. 430 (1986); Another version of this article appeared under the title "Supreme Court Labor and Employment Discrimination Decisions, 1985-86 Term," in Labor Law Developments 1 (1987).
- Labor Law Myth in the Supreme Court, 1981 Term: A Plea for Realistic Coherent Theory (with Minda), 30 UCLA L. Rev. 271 (1982); Another version of this article appeared under the title "Supreme Court Labor Decisions, 1981 Term" in Lab. L. Devel. 1 (1983).
- Union Fiduciaries, Attorneys and Conflicts of Interest, 15 U.C. Davis L. Rev. 229 (1981) (with Minda).
- The Supreme Court, Administrative Agencies and the Congress, Labor Relations Outlook, 1978, Conf. Board Bull. No. 34 15 (1977).
- The Supreme Court, 1974 Term: The Allocation of Power in Deciding Labor Law Policy, 62 Va. L. Rev. 533 (1976); Reprinted in modified form in ABA Lab. Rel. L. Sec. Proc. of 1975 Meeting 1 (1976).
- Group Legal Services as a Fringe Benefit: Lawyers for Forgotten Clients Through Collective Bargaining (with Bernstein), 59 Va. L. Rev. 410 (1973); Summarized in 16 Ind. Rel. L. Dig. 77 (1974).
- The Employer's Duty to Supply Information to the Union--A Study of the Interplay of Administrative and Judicial Rationalization (with Hartley), 58 Cornell L. Rev. 23 (1972); Summarized in 16 Ind. Rel. L. Dig. 35 (1973).
- Escalating the Struggle Against Taft-Hartley Contemnors, 30 U. Chi. L. Rev. 255 (1972) (with Lanoff); Summarized in 15 Ind. Rel. L. Dig. 17 (1973).
- Labor Law Reform: The NLRB and a Labor Court, 4 Ga. L. Rev. 647 (1970).
- Injunctions and Section 301: The Patchwork of Avco and Philadelphia Marine on the Fabric of National Labor Policy, 69 Columbia L. Rev. 980 (1969); Summarized in 12 Ind. Rel. L. Dig. 38 (1970).
- With John Marshall from William and Mary to Dartmouth College, 7 Wm. & Mary L. Rev. 259 (1966).
- The Constitution, Politics and Professor Crosskey, 46 Ken. L.J. 556 (1958).
- The Constitution, Civil Liberties and John Marshall Harlan, 46 Ken. L.J. 407 (1958).
- Contributor, The Developing Labor Law, ABA Labor Relations Law Section, BNA, (Morris, ed., 1971).
- The Labor Arbitration Process, 16 Am. U. L. Rev. 185 (1966).
- The Labor Arbitration Process, 59 L. Libr. J. 333 (1966).
- Labor Relations and the Law--A Comparative Study, 59 L. Libr. J. 200 (1966).
- Fringe Benefits: Wages or Social Obligation?, 59 L. Libr. J. 218 (1966).
- Power Unlimited--The Corruption of Union Leadership, 53 L. Libr. J. 66 (1960).
- Contributor, 1983 and 1984 Reports of the Development of the Law of Individual Rights and Responsibilities in the Work Place Committee of the ABA Section on Labor and Employment Law.
- Contributor, 1970 and 1971 Reports on Practice and Procedure under National Labor Relations Act, ABA Labor Relations Law Section.
- Contributor, 1967, 1968 and 1969 Reports on State Labor Law, ABA Labor Relations Law Section.
- Contributor, 1964, 1965 and 1966 Reports on Development of Law under the National Labor Relations Act, ABA Labor Relations Law Section.