McGuireWoods Diversity Scholarship Program – 1L
Deadline: May 30, 2014
First year law students. To us, diversity encompasses age, sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, as well as educational, economic and professional backgrounds.
Applicants are considered based on their involvement in community activities and diversity-related student organizations, demonstrated leadership, and personal and undergraduate academic achievement. Consistent with the objective of promoting diversity in legal education and leadership roles in the legal profession,
McGuireWoods will also consider additional criteria including, among other factors, whether the applicant is:
- First family member to attend college.
- From an economically disadvantaged family.
- A member of a group currently underrepresented in law schools and law firms.
- From a family with little or no legal education or experience.
- From a school whose graduates are historically underrepresented in law schools.
- Strongly committed to promoting diversity in his or her undergraduate school or community, and has demonstrated that commitment