Now accepting applications for 2014 Pre-Law Boot Camp. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, January, 7, 2014. Applicants are encourage to submit the completed application and supporting documents as early as possible.
Questions regarding the application or program should be directed to the Outreach Office by email email@example.com, by phone 530-754-7776, or in-person to the Outreach Office, room 1380A, located in the Admission and Financial Aid Suite of King Hall during business hours Monday through Friday except on University Holidays.
The UC Davis School of Law Pre-Law Boot Camp is designed to assist high potential undergraduate students from underrepresented communities with their undergraduate performance and preparation for admission to law school. The program consists of a series of full-day Saturday presentations and workshops throughout the spring semester. During the program, participants prepare for the law school application process, gain insight into the law school experience and receive exposure to legal fields.
At no cost to the participant, Boot Camp participants attend and/or receive:
- Workshops on pre-law preparation and law school admission
- Presentations by law school professors, attorneys and law students
- Individual pre-law advising including their own pre-law action plan
- Critiqued writing assignments
You are eligible to apply if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You currently attend a four-year college as a junior or senior. You do not need to be a UC Davis student to apply.
- You are considered a first-generation college student (no parent or legal guardian has a bachelor's degree) OR you come from an economically under-served community or background defined as having a household income less than or equal to 200% of the federal poverty guidelines http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/12poverty.shtml/ ).
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher calculated using the LSAC 4.33 scale and guidelines (e.g. A+ count as 4.33, NP/NC count as 0.00, etc.) as indicator of potential for academic success. Please note that your cumulative GPA includes grades received from your current college, community college and any other colleges you have attended.
- You intend to apply to law school, but not currently in the process of applying for 2014 enrollment.
- You have not previously completed PLBC or KHOP.
- You can attend ALL Saturday sessions of the program.
Spring 2013 Dates
Attendance at all sessions is MANDATORY. Failure to attend a session may result in dismissal from the program. Applicants should plan to spend from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at King Hall for each session.Session 1: February 8, 2014 Session 2: February 22, 2014 Session 3: March 8, 2014 Session 4: March 22, 2013
Open each file in Adobe Reader to avoid errors in completing and saving form, do not use Google Docs or complete within a web browser. Open the application PDF using Adobe Reader, save it to your computer, close the file, open the file from your computer, enter your responses, save it periodically and close it when finished.