KHOP & PLBC Participants & Alumni
For advising, please contact the Outreach Office to set up an appointment. You may also take advantage of drop-in advising days and workshops during the year. Specific advising and workshop dates will be emailed to eligible participants and alumni and posted within our Facebook groups. The KHOP and PLBC Facebook groups are only open to outreach program alumni and are great for staying in touch with what is happening at the Outreach Office, scholarship and internship opportunities, and alumni networking.
For UC Davis undergraduate students and alumni, pre-law advising is done through the Pre-Professional Advising Office located in 111 South Hall. For an appointment with a UC Davis pre-law advisor, please call 530-752-4475. For more information and pre-law videos, visit http://advisingservices.ucdavis.edu/advising/law/ .
Prospective & Current King Hall Applicants
If you are considering applying to King Hall, please contact our admission office at 530-752-6477 with any questions you have about our JD program and the application process. Attending our open house for prospective applicants in the Fall semester is a great way to visit the school and learn about the application process, financial aid, our programs, and services. You may also arrange to visit a class and take a tour. Visit our JD Admission page to view our catalog and determine when a King Hall representative will be in your area.
If you are unsure if a career in law is right for you, would like to research law schools, and want to learn about the law school appliction process there are numerous websites that can be used for free:
- Law School Admission Council (LSAC) You will use this website to register for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) and ultimately apply to law schools. LSAC is the official source for LSAT preparation materials.
- DiscoverLaw.org Videos and information about careers in law and how to prepare for law school.
- American Bar Association Pre-Law Descriptions of core skills and values recommended to develop prior to law school.
- ABA-LSAC Official Guide to ABA-Approved Law Schools Law school applicant/enrollment statistics, GPA/LSAT percentiles, and cost of attendance. Compare your GPA/LSAT to the medians of the law schools to which you plan to apply.
- ABA Employment Summary Report View geographic location, firm size and type of employment of recent alumni from specific law schools.
- NALP's Pre-Law Portal General descriptions of what to expect as a lawyer in various fields and environments and legal employment market information.
- UCDSOL Outreach Facebook page will help you keep on top of of outreach program and pre-law deadlines and upcoming events at King Hall.