Qualifications for Admission to the Bar
Law School applicants are advised to contact the Committee of Bar Examiners in the state(s) in which you intend to practice for information regarding character, fitness and other qualifications for admission to the bar of that state. Admission to and successful completion of law school does not ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements for admission to the bar of California or any other state.
Application Filing Period & Deadlines for Fall 2014 Admission:
- September 1, 2013 - February 1, 2014— First Year Juris Doctor Degree Program Priority Deadline
- March 15, 2014— First Year Juris Doctor Degree Program Regular Deadline
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) — Due to Federal Processor March 2, 2014
- Need Access Application — Due to Access Group March 2, 2014
Required Materials Checklist:
- Application Form - Click here for Electronic Application
- LSAT score (Law School Admission Test).
- LSAC Credential Assembly Service (CAS) Report
- Personal Statement – Two to Four type-written pages, double spaced. A Diversity Statement or Addendum may be included in this four page limit though neither is required.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (Evaluations accepted, not required)
- Fall transcript of grades (preferred for evaluation, but not required to complete file)
There is no application fee for the Fall 2014 J.D. Application.
Application for admission to the School of Law for the program leading to the degree of Juris Doctor should be made through www.lsac.org.
The last date for filing completed application forms, together with all supporting documents, including LSAT scores, LSAC Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report, and letters of recommendation, is February 1 of the year in which admission is sought. Early filing of all application material is strongly recommended and will materially assist the School of Law Admissions Committee in its consideration of the application. Any fraudulent practices relating to the admission process will be considered grounds for disqualification by the Admissions Committee.
Applicants who have been disqualified at another law school will not be admitted to UC Davis School of Law.
LSAT (Law School Admission Test)
Applicants must take the Law School Admission Test as early as possible and in no event later than December preceding the year in which admission is sought. LSAT scores earned before October 2008 are not valid for Fall 2014 admission.
LSAC Credential Assembly Service (CAS)
Applicants should register with the LSAC Credential Assembly Service (CAS) no later than December 1 preceding the year in which admission is sought by registering online at www.LSAC.org .