Rm. 2310C King Hall
- B.S., cum laude French, Georgetown University 1994
- J.D., cum laude, University of Michigan 2002
- Ph.D. Law, University of Cambridge 2012, Gates Cambridge Scholar
Legal Research and Writing Fellow
Barbara Miltner joined UC Davis School of Law in 2012 as a Lecturer in Legal Research and Writing.
Prior to joining UC Davis, Miltner was a Law Lecturer in Aberdeen, Scotland, where she taught across a range of subjects, including administrative law, international human rights, and legal methods.
She received a J.D. cum laude from University of Michigan and a B.S. in French from Georgetown University. Most recently, she received her Ph.D. in Law as a Gates Cambridge Scholar at the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom.
Her scholarship has focused on international human rights, international law, and refugee law.... Close
Special InterestsLegal Research, Legal Writing, International Law, International Human Rights, Refugee Law
- “Revisiting Extraterritoriality after Al-Skeini: The ECHR and Its Lessons”, 33 Mich. J. Int’l L. (2012)
- “Human Security and Protection from Refoulement in the Maritime Context”, in Human Security and Non-Citizens: Law, Policy and International Affairs, eds. A. Edwards and C. Ferstman, Cambridge Univ. Press. (2010)
- “Extraterritorial Jurisdiction Under the European Convention on Human Rights: An Expansion Under Isaak v. Turkey?”, Eur. Hum. Rights L. Rev. 2007 (2), 172-182