James E. Hogan
- A.B., Loyola University of Chicago 1953
- J.D., Georgetown University 1956
Professor of Law Emeritus
Professor James E. Hogan, a founding member of the King Hall faculty and a nationally recognized expert in the fields of Criminal Procedure and Evidence, died on December 31, 2013 in Davis following a long illness. He was 83 years old. Read his obituary here.
- California Evidentiary Foundations, (Michie Co. 2d Ed. 1994) (with E. Imwinkelried & R. Wydick).
- California Evidentiary Foundations, (Michie Co. 1988) (with E. Imwinkelried & R. Wydick).
- California Civil Discovery - 2 vols., (Bancroft-Whitney 1996) (with G. Weber).
- Modern California Discovery 4th - Civil and Criminal - 3 vols., (Bancroft-Whitney 1988).
- Modern California Discovery 3d - Civil and Criminal - 3 vols., (Bancroft-Whitney 1981).
- Selected Topics in Criminal Evidence, California CEB Summer Program (1975-1977) (120-page Syllabus).
- Cases & Materials on the Law of CRIMES*
- Cases & Materials on CIVIL PROCEDURE (California & Federal)*
- Cases & Materials on EVIDENCE (California & Federal)*
- Cases & Materials on PRODUCTS LIABILITY*, *(Course materials are privately published in looseleaf form and revised and updated annually.)
- California's Unique Doe Defendant Practice: A Fiction Stranger than Truth, 30 Stan. L. Rev. 51 (1977).
- The McNabb-Mallory Rule: Its Rise, Rationale & Rescue, 47 Geo. L. Rev. 1 (1958) (with J. Snee).
- Wiretapping: From Nardone to Benanti and Rathbun, 46 Geo. L. Rev. 418 (1958) (with E. Bradley).
- Crimes Outline, BAR/BRI Bar Review