Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans
Deadline: November 8, 2013
- A New American (a green card holder or naturalized citizen if born abroad; a child of naturalized citizens if born in this country).
- Not yet 31 years old, as of the application deadline.
- A college senior or holder of a bachelor’s degree.
- Not beyond your second year – if already enrolled – in the graduate degree program for which you request support.
A successful candidate will give evidence of at least two of the following three attributes:
- The candidate has demonstrated creativity, originality and initiative in one or more aspects of her/his life.
- The candidate has demonstrated a commitment to and capacity for accomplishment that has required drive and sustained effort.
- The candidate has demonstrated a commitment to the values expressed in the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights, This would include, but not be limited to, support of human rights and the rule of law, opposition to unwarranted encroachment on personal liberty, and advancing the responsibilities of citizenship in a free society.
Award: Each award is up to $25,000 and up to $20,000 in tuition and fees.