Morrison & Foerster 1L Diversity Fellowship Program
Deadline: Extended to January 10, 2014
Morrison & Foerster will be awarding up to ten fellowships to highly motivated first-year law students who are members of a historically underrepresented group.
FELLOWSHIP RECIPIENTS WILL RECEIVE:
• A paid summer associate position in a U.S. office following his or her first year of law school
• A team of attorney mentors during the 1L summer internship
• Assuming satisfactory performance during the 1L summer internship, an option to return as a second-year summer associate
• $15,000 paid in two equal amounts: the first payment awarded at the candidate’s acceptance to return for his or her 2L summer; and the second
• Currently enrolled and in good standing, attending a full-time JD program at an ABA-accredited law school
• Excellent academic performance throughout all degree programs
• U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the U.S.
• Member of a diverse population that has historically been underrepresented in the legal profession, specifically African Americans, Hispanic/Latino(a), Pacific Islanders/Native Hawaiians, or Native Americans/Native Alaskans
• Demonstrated leadership qualities and community involvement
Program Flyer: http://www.mofocareers.com/current-openings/DiversityFellowshipFlyer.pdf
Application available at: http://www.mofocareers.com/current-openings/1L_Opportunities.html
Award: $15,000 fellowship and a paid position as a summer associate in a U.S. office following their first year of law school, with the option of a position as a second-year summer associate, assuming satisfactory performance.